Galleries 历史走廊

Pioneers 先驱 Clans 会馆

Contact us 联络我们

Feedback反馈 Facebook

Temple Events 庙宇活动

Calendar日历

Find temples 寻找庙宇

List列举 Search搜索

Location 地点

Map地图

   Hokkien / Downtown Other temples in this area

> Thian Hock Keng 天福宫 Thian Hock Keng 天福宫 Thian Hock Keng 天福宫 Thian Hock Keng 天福宫

Thian Hock Keng
天福宫

  Introduction
Thian Hock Keng (tian fu gong) was built in 1840 by immigrants from Malacca, led by Mr Tan Tock Seng and Mr Si Hoo Keh. The main structure of Thian Hock Keng includes the Entrance Hall, Main Hall (Mazu), Rear Hall (Guanyin), East Wing and West Wing. The Entrance Hall and Main Hall were completed in 1840 and the Rear Hall in 1842, followed the 2 wings. In 1849 the Chung Wen Pagoda was built on the west of Thian Hock Keng, which functioned as the first Chinese public school in Singapore. On the east side of the temple is Keng Teck Whay Buiding (predecessor of Yu Huang Gong), which was occupied by Keng Teck Whay association until Taoist Mission took over in 2010.
During the 1906 restoration, western architectural features were introduced to Thian Hock Keng, such as Majolica wall tiles, Encaustic floor tiles and cast iron railing. Two Japanese bells were also installed during this time, of which one is still in the Main Hall today.
The temple has earned accolades over the years, including a royal scroll from the Qing emperor Guangxu in 1907 and the UNESCO Asia-Pacific Heritage Award in 2001, as well as being gazetted as a national monument in 1973.
Thian Hock Keng is the most important Hokkien temple in Singapore and has a special relationship with its owner Hokkien Huay Kuan. When Hokkien Huay Kuan was founded in 1840 and it was housed in Thian Hock Kemg. When Hokkien Huay Kuan got its own building in 1919, it was located next to Thian Hock Keng. In 1955 Hokkien Huay Kuan moved across the street, directly facing Thian Hock Keng. After 174 years at Telok Ayer Street, Hokkien Huay Kuan moved to Sennett Road (Upper East Coast) in 2014. The other temples owned by Hokkien Huay Kuan are Goh Chor Tua Pek Kong, Kim Lan Beo and Leng San Teng.

The other temple that received an emperor's scroll is Wak Hai Cheng Bio
The other UNESCO AP Heritage Award winners are Hong San See Chwee Long Tow and Wak Hai Cheng Bio.


天福宫于1840年由薛佛记与陈笃生带领一批主要来自马六甲的移民创立。庙址靠山面海,主要建筑有三川殿、正殿(天妃殿)、后殿(观音殿)及东西配殿。1840年山门殿和天妃殿先落成,观音殿在1842年完成,后来再建东西配殿。1849年崇文阁在天福宫右侧建起,是新加坡第一间华校,同样由福建会馆管理。天福宫左侧是庆德楼(玉皇宫前身),原本属于庆德会,现由道教协会管理。
天福宫多年来得了许多荣誉,包括清朝光绪皇帝于1907年所御赐的“波靖南溟”匾额及御书,联合国所颁发的“教科文组织亚太2001年文化遗产古建筑奖”,1973年被古迹保存局列入第一批国家古迹中。
天福宫在1906年的大翻新增添了一些西方的建筑特色,,包括从欧洲进口的瓷砖和铸铁栏杆。同时也装置两口日本制造的铜钟,其中的一口今日还在天妃殿内。
天福宫是新加坡最重要的福建人庙宇,跟福建会馆有密彻的关系。福建会馆于1840年创办时把办公室设立在天福宫的侧殿《画一轩》,1919年移到隔邻。1955 年会馆迁至天福宫对面,与爱同学校和崇福女校共处一座建筑物内。为了提高运作效率,会馆在2014年第一次离开直落亚逸,新址在西海岸上段。福建会馆属下庙宇还有梧槽大伯公庙金兰庙麟山亭


Download Android app for Thian Hock Kian, which will help you to navigate and understand Thian Hock Keng's architectural features during your visit.
  Deities 神明
Main Deity 主神/佛
Mazu (Goddess of the Sea) 妈祖Other temples with this as main deity


Other Deities 众神/佛
Guanyin (Goddess of Mercy/Compassion) 观音
Sun God (Tai Yang Gong) 太阳公
Moon Goddess (Yue Gong Niang Niang) 月宫娘娘
Bao Sheng Da Di (God of Medicine) 保生大帝
Guan Di (God of War) 关圣帝君
Kai Zhang Sheng Wang 开漳圣王
City God 城隍爷
Tua Li Ya Pek (Da Er Ye Bo) 大二爷伯
Confucius 孔子
Jia Lan Pusa 伽蓝菩萨
Liu Jin Sheng Hou (Qian Li Yan, Shun Feng Er) 柳金圣侯 (千里眼, 顺风耳)
  Activities 活动View Activity Photos
戊戌(狗)年正月初一日至正月十五日 : 迎新年(除夕夜开始)
Lunar: 1st of 1st mth to 15th of 1st mth
Mar - Usher in the New Year (start on the Eve)

戊戌(狗)年二月十七日 : 清明节
Lunar: 17th of 2nd mth - Qing Ming Festival Religious Rite

戊戌(狗)年二月十九日 : 观音圣诞 (南音演出)
Lunar: 19th of 2nd mth - Birthday of Guanyin (Nanyin musical performance)

戊戌(狗)年三月十五日 : 保生大帝圣诞
Lunar: 15th of 3rd mth - Birthday of Bao Sheng Da Di (God of Medicine)

戊戌(狗)年三月二十日至三月廿三日 : 妈祖圣诞
Lunar: 20th of 3rd mth to 23rd of 3rd mth
May - Birthday of Mazu

戊戌(狗)年五月十三日 : 关帝圣诞
Lunar: 13th of 5th mth - Birthday of Guan Di

戊戌(狗)年六月十九日 : 观音得道日 (南音演出)
Lunar: 19th of 6th mth - Guanyin Enlightenment Day (Nanyin musical performance)

戊戌(狗)年七月初九日 : 中元节(盂兰胜会)
Lunar: 9th of 7th mth - Hungry Ghost Festival Religious Rite

戊戌(狗)年八月廿七日 : 孔子圣诞
Lunar: 27th of 8th mth - Birthday of Confucius

戊戌(狗)年九月十九日 : 观音出家日 (南音演出)
Lunar: 19th of 9th mth - Guanyin Renunciation Day (Nanying musical performance)

  Contact Information 联络资讯
Address: 158 Telok Ayer Street, Singapore
Tel: 6423 4616

Operating Hours:
7.30am to 5.30pm

Click on "View Larger Map" for driving direction and public transport advice.
想知道行驶方向或查询公共交通路线请点击以下"View Larger Map"。
View Larger Map